If you added SmartShyp Package Protection to a shipment, follow these steps to learn how to submit a claim for a package that was lost, damaged, or stolen.
1. From your dashboard, search for the shipment you are wanting to submit a claim for using the tracking number, email address, or order number.
1.1. Click "enter" on your keyboard to search for shipment.
2. Select the shipment to start the claims process. Shipment details will display on the right side of the screen.
2.1. Click the "Claims" button then select "File Claim" to bring up the claims form.
3. When filling out the claims form, provide as much information as possible to avoid any delays in the process. To provide supporting documentation, drag and drop the files where it says "Please Provide Supporting Documentation"
3.1. You will want to attach additional documentation that is required under the following circumstances:
- Lost: Invoice/proof of value required
- Damaged: Invoice/proof of value required and photos of damage (of the product itself and the packaging, both internal and external)
- Stolen: Invoice/proof of value required and police report required for orders over $200
To ensure your claim is processed, make sure to select the best description from the "Buyer's Package Was" drop down and try to be as descriptive as possible. If one of the options does not describe best what occurred , select "Other" and try and be as descriptive as possible.
4. Once your package protection claim has been submitted there will be an option to view the status of your claim on the same shipment details page.
4.1. The claim status page will give you up to date information about your claim. If you have other questions about your claim status or if you need to submit additional information not provided in the original claim, email Claims@SmartShyp.com and please include the Tracking Number or Order number in the subject line.