This guide will walk you through shipping your first order with SmartShyp. You will learn the basic steps of getting a shipping rate and creating a shipment .
- From the Dashboard Go to the Orders Page using the "Left-Side Navigation Menu or by clicking "Create Your First Order Now".
- Create a Manual Order by clicking "New".
- The Screen will Expand where you can enter your shipment details that are required before getting a shipping rate. The order will stay in a "Not Ready" status until shipment details are entered. Once Shipment details are entered, the shipment status will have a green check mark and say "Ready"
- Select your preferred "Carrier Service", " Package Type" and add any additional options like "Shipping Insurance" or added services like "Signature Required" Note: Required Fields: "From Address"," To Address", "Dimensions", and "Weight" are required fields before a shipping rate will display. Some Flat Rate options do not require dimensions to be entered.
- You can edit your "ship-from" , "ship-to", or "return address" if needed. Note: Clicking "Edit" will edit the address record in the "Address Book". Clicking "Change" will change the address for a single order.
- When you are ready to create a label for your order, click the green "Create Label" Button to review the label summary then click the blue "Create Label" button to finalize your order.
- Once your label is processed successfully, click "Print Labels Now" to print out your shipping label .
- Other Options: You can choose to add Additional Insurance, Order Items, Order Notes, Internal Notes, Tags, and a Batch Name to the shipment. See linked tutorials for more info.